The timing couldn't be better for Niche.com to release its annual ranking of the best elementary school in the U.S. and New Jersey.
Several Bergen County schools made the list, including six from Ridgewood and three from Tenafly.
The best school in New Jersey is the Littlebrook Elementary School in Princeton's public school district.
The best in Bergen is the Wandell School in Saddle River, coming it at No. 13 on the list. Others in Bergen and Passaic include:
- Alpine (No. 23)
- Hawes (Ridgewood, No. 32)
- Orchard (Ridgewood, No. 42)
- Mackay (Tenafly, No. 47)
- Walter Stillman (Tenafly, No. 49)
- Travell (Ridgewood, No. 56)
- Hillside (Closter, No. 58)
- Luther Lee (Demarest, No. 60)
- Ridge (Ridgewood, No. 61)
- J Spencer Smith (Tenafly, No. 62)
- Alexander Hamilton (Glen Rock, No. 63)
- Ho-HoKus (No. 64)
- Somerville (Ridgewood, No. 66)
- Lyncrest (Fair Lawn, No. 68)
- Clara E. Coleman (Glen Rock, No. 70)
- Edith A. Bogert (Upper Saddle River, No. 71)
- Upper School (Englewood Cliffs, No. 75)
- George Washington (Mahwah, No. 81)
- Willard (Ridgewood, No. 83)
- Henry B. Milnes (Fair Lawn, No. 84)
- Merritt (Cresskill, No. 88)
- Hillside (Allendale, No. 90)
- Warren Point (Fair Lawn, No. 92)
- Joyce Kilmer (Mahwah, No. 93)
- Richard E. Byrd (Glen Rock, No. 94)
- Haworth (No. 95)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.