The students that scored the highest on SAT testing last year hailed from Hackensack in Bergen County and Wayne in Passaic County, NJ.com reports.
The average SAT score from the state's public high schools was 1,075 out of 1,600, the article says.
Here is a list of the three top-scoring schools from Bergen and Passaic counties, according to NJ.com:
1. Bergen County Academies, Hackensack:1,470
2. Bergen County Technical School, Teterboro: 1,330
3. Tenafly High School : 1,307
1. Wayne Hills High School: 1,130
2. Wayne Valley High School: 1,129
3. Lakeland Regional High School, Wanaque:
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.