HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Dog and cat license renewals for Hackensack pets are due now.
Pet licensing offers a number of benefits:
- Ensures rabies immunizations are up to date, which protects everyone.
- Encourages pet population control through the low-cost spay and neuter program.
- Licensed pets provide an easy way to identify lost dogs and cats so they can be quickly returned to their proper owners.
- Pets are required to get a license when they are old enough to get a rabies vaccination. This is generally when they are three months of age or older.
- Licenses must be renewed every year before the end of January.
- Bring proof of pet’s current rabies immunization.
- First cat or dog license or renewals made before Jan. 31 with proof of spay/neuter is $8.
- Not spayed/neutered is $11.
- Late renewals after Jan. 31 or licensing after a notice of violation or summons for nonlicense: with proof of spay/neuter: $12.
- Not spayed/neuter: $15.
These fees start Jan. 1. For more information, call 201-646-3967.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.