HACKENSACK, N.J. -- The Bergen Volunteer Center is collecting food and clothing to support local veterans.
The collection will focus on spring/summer supplies and clothing needed to help out the needy and homeless veterans of Bergen County.
“This project has become a partnership with the Bergen County Bureau of Veterans Affairs and Ashley Crawley, high school student and candidate for the Girl Scout’s most prestigious honor, the Gold Award," Debbie Emery, Director of Community Engagement for the Bergen Volunteer Center said in a statement. "Working together, we know we can accomplish so much for these deserving men and women who have supported our country,”
The Volunteer Center will be collecting donations of only new items including:
- Body wash and other essential toiletries
- Disposable razors and shaving gel
- Casual shorts (walking or cargo style) sizes 32-46
- Athletic (basketball type) shorts size M-3X
- Casual T-shirts size M-3X
- Collared Polo Shirts
- Flip Flop style sandals, men’s sizes 8 – 13
- Wind Breakers
- Underwear Boxer Briefs M/L/XXL
- Socks low rise
- Gift Cards for
The Bergen Volunteer Center, 64 Passaic Street, Hackensack (located in the First Presbyterian Church building) and will be distributed at a Veterans Resource Fair in April.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.