MAYWOOD, N.J. -- A homeowner was hospitalized with hand burns and a firefighter with a shoulder injury during a fire that began on a bed in a Maywood house Tuesday afternoon. Both were taken to Hackensack University Medical Center.
Borough firefighters contained the blaze to the third floor of the two-family residence, assisted by their Saddle Brook and Rochelle Park colleagues, Police Chief David Pegg told Daily Voice.
An unattended candle might have been the cause, the chief said. It was being investigated.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.