A laundry room fire at a Woodcliff Lake assisted living facility sent five staff members and two police officers to area hospitals overnight.
Ten ambulances and a medical bus were requested at the Sunrise Senior Living facility, which was evacuated for less than a half hour after the fire was called in just after 2:30 this morning.
All of those taken to Hackensack University Medical Center North at Pascack Valley and Valley Hospital in Ridgewood — except the resident — inhaled smoke, police said. All were reported doing fine.
Police said the blaze in a dryer, spread throughout the laundry room and filled the ground floor with smoke. Sprinklers helped extinguish the fire, police said.
Everyone was outside no more than 20 minutes, they said.
Mutual aid was provided by Park Ridge, Hillsdale, Montvale and Westwood. Among the rigs responding was Tri-Boro Ambulance.
The Tice School was set up as a staging area.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.