RIDGEWOOD, N.J. – An intensive investigation into a brawl that sent a Ridgewood boy to the hospital with what loved ones said was a broken skull has produced juvenile complaints against two teens.
Upset parents had been trying to get to the bottom of the Oct. 28 incident at Brookside fields -- which police dubbed a "mutual fight" --- since rumors about the brawl and cyber-bullying that they believed led up to it began swirling on social media late last week.
Parents were also outraged that some teens recorded the incident on their cellphones and posted it online.
Police and school officials urged patience, given that juveniles' identities are protected under strict state law.
On Thursday, Police Chief Jacqueline Luthcke announced that a 14-year-old was served with delinquency complaints on charges of aggravated assault and simple assault.
The 16-year-old who loved ones said was hospitalized by the other boy was served a delinquency complaint on a charge of simple assault.
The cases will be heard by a judge in the Family Division of Superior Court in Hackensack.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.