A Hackenasck homeowner put out a minor garage fire as firefighters pulled up to the scene just before 5 p.m. Saturday, fire officials said.
The Byrne Street resident used a bucket of water to extinguish a small piece of burning molding, before the fire department finished off the blaze with a water can, Hackensack Fire Captain Justin Derevyanik said.
Firefighters turned the scene back over to the homeowner, he said.
No injuries were reported and the cause was not suspicious, Derevyanik said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.