UPDATE: A faulty rooftop heating and ventilation unit sent smoke through the Rochelle Park municipal building after business hours last night.
Problems with the HVAC unit atop the West Passaic Street building sent the moderate to heavy smoke into the clerk’s office and parts of the first and second floor.
PSE&G was summoned to cut all power.
Saddle Brook firefighters provided a ladder to the roof. Maywood also responded.
Borough officials were notified, and the Building Department was on scene to inspect.
PHOTO: Charlie Greco
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.