HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Two good Samaritans stamped out the flames after a homeless man caught fire at the Essex Street train station in Hackensack overnight Wednesday.
The victim was medevaced to St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston with serious injuries.
Authorities were trying to determine whether the man had possibly fallen asleep with a cigarette or purposely ignited the blaze, NJ Transit's Lisa Torbeck told Daily Voice.
No accelerant was found at the scene, a police source told Daily Voice.
An investigation was continuing.