SHOUT OUT: For the first time, the Ridgewood Police Department participated in the action-packed Pascack Valley Junior Police Academy, which ended earlier today.
The youngsters joined others from Hillsdale, Washington Township and Westwood for the week-long experience.
Besides learning what it takes to become a law enforcement officer and the various aspects of policing, the group was treated to demonstrations by:
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency;
- U.S. Secret Service;
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection;
- Bergen County and NJ Transit K-9 units;
- Bergen County Police Bomb Squad;
- Port Authority of NY/NJ Fire Rescue;
- Local police motorcycle patrols;
- Ridgewood Emergency Services;
- Washington Township Fire Department.
They also got an up-close look at the AirMed One medevac after it touched down at Hackensack University Medical Center.
Ridgewood Police Chief John Ward said he hopes his department can host its own junior police academy next year.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.