HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Bergen County Executive Jim Tedesco and the Freeholders have announced over $86,000 in grants for local arts groups, and a 2016 Bergen County Arts Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday, June 16.
The ceremony -- organized by the Department of Parks and the Division of Cultural and Historic Affairs -- will honor the 33 Bergen County-based nonprofit arts organizations currently participating in the 2016 Bergen County Local Arts Grant Program. Also, the Division will regrant $86,640 from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts to the qualifying nonprofit organizations.
The grant program is a competitive application process open to Bergen-based nonprofits who've presented arts programming to the public for at least two years.
The groups to be recognized are:
- Adelphi Chamber Orchestra,
- All Seasons Chamber Players,
- Ars Musica Chorale,
- Art Center of Northern New Jersey,
- Art of Motion,
- Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra,
- Best Foot Forward Dance Troupe,
- Borough of Rutherford Civil Rights Commission,
- Center For Hope And Safety,
- the Company Theatre Group,
- Donghwa Cultural Foundation,
- Edgewater Arts Council,
- Flat Rock Brook Nature Association,
- Friends of the Westwood Public Library,
- Harmony Celebration Chorus,
- Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey,
- Korean Community Center,
- Leonia Chamber Musicians Society,
- MarbleJam Kids,
- Meadowlands Area YMCA,
- New Jersey Association of Verismo Opera,
- New Jersey Guitar & Music Society,
- Nikki Manx Dance Project,
- Parlance Chamber Concerts,
- PV Music Trio,
- Ridgewood Concert Band,
- Ridgewood Gilbert and Sullivan Opera,
- Saddle River Youth Theatre,
- Skyline Theatre Co.,
- Teaneck Community Chorus,
- Teaneck Creek Conservancy,
- Teaneck International Film Festival, and
- the Township of Lyndhurst.
The Division will also present a special arts award of excellence to Sculpture for Leonia. "Over the past 10 years, through its display of outdoor sculpture, Sculpture for Leonia has enriched the art and cultural environment of its Borough, continuing the rich and notable history of the arts in that community," organizers note.
The awards ceremony will be from 7-9 p.m. on the fifth floor at One Bergen County Plaza, in Hackensack.
For information on applying for next year's grant program, email Glucente@co.bergen.nj.us before September 2016.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.