HACKENSACK, N.J. -- ShopRite is celebrating National Nutrition Month in March with numerous health-driven events in Hackensack.
- Sunday, March 6: Power Smoothies 12-2 p.m. This month’s dietitian product spotlight pick is Jif Peanut Powder. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner for recipes and samples.
- Wednesday, March 9: Registered Dietitian Day 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Stop by and meet Alison, the in-store dietitian, and ask her healthy eating questions.
- Monday, March 14: Meal of the Week 4-6 p.m. Stumped on what to cook for dinner? Visit the Dietitian’s Corner and pick up a recipe as well as all the ingredients necessary to create a complete meal. Recipes change weekly.
- Monday, March 21: Power Smoothies 12-2 p.m.
- Friday, March 25: Freezer Find 4-6 p.m. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner to try a sample of Alison’s healthy freezer find.
- Monday, March 28: Produce Pick 4-6 p.m. Alison will be serving up this week’s produce pick. Samples and recipes will be available.
- Tuesday, March 29: Take the Eat Well, Be Happy Hackensack Wellness Challenge Edition 6-7 p.m. Join Alison for a free three week class about healthy habits, eating for energy, and quick and easy meal planning. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner to learn more about the Town’s Wellness Challenge. Registration required. Class will be held at the YMCA of Greater Bergen County. Call 201-487-6600 or stop by the Y to sign up.
- Wednesday, March 30: Whole Grain Sampling Day 4-6 p.m. Sample some of Alison’s favorite whole grains.
- Thursday, March 31: A free Kid’s Cooking Class with Alison 5:30-6:30 p.m. For children ages 5-12. Sign up required. Stop by the dietitian’s office or call 201-819-5015 to register.
ShopRite of Hackensack is located at 500 South River St.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.