HACKENSACK, N.J. -- A second-generation, family-owned-and-operated business again is looking to help make the holidays brighter for community members in need by hosting its annual "Giving Thanks Food Drive."
The real-estate development firm Alfred Sanzari Enterprises, headquartered in Hackensack, has placed collection sites for nonperishable donations in four Bergen County locations:
- Alfred Sanzari Enterprises' corporate offices at Court Plaza North, 25 Main St., Ste. 600, in Hackensack
- the lobby of Heights Plaza, 777 Terrace Ave., in Hasbrouck Heights
- the lobby of Elmwood Park Plaza, 475 Market St., in Elmwood Park
- the lobby of The Ivanhoe, 130 Overlook Ave., in Hackensack
The food donations will go to Hackensack's Church on the Green, which provides the city's homeless with nutritious dinners twice a week.
"As a company with deep roots in Hackensack, it is particularly gratifying whenever we have the opportunity to make a difference in lives of local residents," Ryan Sanzari, chief operating officer of the company, told Daily Voice.
"It's an absolute privilege to support to the Church on the Green and the wonderful work it does on behalf of the city's less fortunate."
Suggested donations include:
- canned or dry soups, canned stews and chili, rice and pasta, and packaged pasta meals like macaroni and cheese
- baby cereal, babay food (glass jars ok) and baby formula
- hot and cold cereal, cake and pancake mixes, and syrup
- tea bags and ground coffee, granulated sugar, and powdered milk
- canned fruits and vegetables, juice boxes and canned juice
- canned beans and canned meats like Spam, and canned gravy
- granola and cereal bars
- peanut butter and jelly (no glass jars)
Collections will continue through Thursday, Nov. 17. If you're unable to deliver donations to these sites, pickups are available. E-mail Erin Mays at email@example.com for more information or to schedule a pickup.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.